Do parents remember when the last time you cleaned your car seat? Although the car seat is designed to be strong and long-lasting. However, we also need to be seriously cleaned because the car seat will take on a heavy role every time the little one has to travel with his parents as well. The vomit, saliva stains, food stains, even if wiped off, may still have deep stains that we cannot see with normal eyes. Therefore, we recommend cleaning the car seat every 3-6 months (depending on how often it is used). Of course, we have the process of cleaning car seats.
Equipment to be prepared
- Car Seat
- Baby Laundry Detergent
- Unused toothbrush + small clean cloth (for wiping car seats)
- Washing + Dryer machine
- Vacuum cleaner
- UV Dryer
How to clean
The typical car seats are divided into two parts: the cushion and the frame. Let’s take a look at how each part is cleaned.
- How to clean. The seat and belt that can be removed from the car seat frame.
- Mix plain water with baby laundry detergent and scrub the heavy-stained and noticeable area with a toothbrush first.
- Take the car seat and belt wash with a washing machine, using a baby laundry detergent.
- After spinning, if there is a dryer, you can dry it. But if not available, can use the sun drying method, but must be dried until you are sure that it is completely dry.
- After the cushion is dry, if any house has a UV dryer to disinfect, you can also dry the cushion as well. For cleanliness, ensuring that no germs remain
- • How to clean the car seat frame.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove all debris in the car seat frame.
- Mix water with Dettol, use a cloth moistened with the mixed solution and wipe it all over the frame of the car seat.
- If the belt removed from the car seat frame is not stained, use a toothbrush moistened with laundry detergent to scrub and wipe the solution thoroughly with water.
- Take the car seat frame to dry in the sun.
Please note that in the process of disassembling the car seat, be sure to take a photo of where it is from and how to put it back. Otherwise, it’s quite a headache when you come to reassemble it.
It doesn’t seem difficult, but when it’s actually done, it takes quite a long time. However, if you are not comfortable washing yourselves, you can use a dedicated car seat delivery method of a specialized shop. The advantages of using a car seat cleaning service are not only saving energy but also getting a standardized cleaning job. Because the shop will definitely have more cleaning equipment than we have at home.